It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:20 pm 
El Paso Vulture

VII. Drafting Procedures
A. The amateur draft will take place approximately over a 10-14 day span.
B. Picks will be made on the web site via the IHOF Draft Utility.
C. Each franchise has a time limit of fourteen (14) hours from the time the previous pick has been posted to make their selection.
D. If an owner does not make a pick in the alloted time frame, the pick will be made automatically and the franchise's time limit for future picks will be lowered to eight (8) hours.
E. If an owner fails to make a pick for a second time, all future picks for that franchise will be made automatically.
F. The method for an automatic pick consists of:
1. Automatic selection based on entries in the owner's Draft List.
2. If Draft List is empty, the pick will be made by the in-game AI.
G. The commisioner reserves the right to alter the time frame for picks in order to facilitate a draft of a reasonable length. Such an alteration would be made public knowledge at least 24 hours before it becomes effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:10 pm 
El Paso Rockets

Just to let y'all know, I came across a (known, I think) bug in the utility.

This morning, when I logged on there was still a single player in my list that I wanted, S Gus Fletcher. Since I was on the clock, I tried to find him in the list to select him, but he wasn't there. I think tried to find him in the preference list, but he wasn't there either.

That was when I took a close look at who had already been drafted and realized that Fletcher had been taken late in the second round (and this was at my 3.28 pick).

So how was he still in my draft list when he had already been drafted? If I remember correctly from the last IHOF draft, VPI said something about not refreshing the screen while you were working on your list...something I did yesterday. I don't remember the exact details, but please be careful about refreshing the screen. It could lead to some weird consequences...

El Paso Rockets
2016, 2037 Wild Card Team
2005, 2006, 2015 Cavalry Divison champs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:15 pm 
Shreveport Pride

[quotec43730a="JeeberD"]Just to let y'all know, I came across a (known, I think) bug in the utility.

This morning, when I logged on there was still a single player in my list that I wanted, S Gus Fletcher. Since I was on the clock, I tried to find him in the list to select him, but he wasn't there. I think tried to find him in the preference list, but he wasn't there either.

That was when I took a close look at who had already been drafted and realized that Fletcher had been taken late in the second round (and this was at my 3.28 pick).

So how was he still in my draft list when he had already been drafted? If I remember correctly from the last IHOF draft, VPI said something about not refreshing the screen while you were working on your list...something I did yesterday. I don't remember the exact details, but please be careful about refreshing the screen. It could lead to some weird consequences...[/quotec43730a]

I saw this same thing happen earlier with me. I had only one player in my priority list and he was not removed from the list when he went off the board.

Eastern Conference Champions
2009, 2031, 2055
CFL Champions
2031, 2055
Hall of Fame
Joshua Mask, Douglas Hartman, Carl Bradford, Leland Wellins, Wally Wooden (#80), Brantley Gilmore (#9)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:10 pm 
Honolulu Blue Pacific

Just to be sure, but where do you find where it has auto select? I want the computer to auto pick for me the rest of the way on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 pm 
Santa Cruz Privateers

I dont believe that is possible Mr Bug, you must load players in your preference list and set to on. That way it will take the first player on your list that has not been drafted yet, If you are not that worried about who you get I would just start putting the best available guy, one by one on my preference list until it will not take anymore players. Then check in every day to see how many players are left on the list, replenish when and if necessary.

San Andreas Division Champions: 2005,2007,2015,2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2028,2032,2035

2032 Western Conference Champions

2032 CFL Champions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:53 pm 
Tennessee Milita

[quote8458288="MrBug708"]Just to be sure, but where do you find where it has auto select? I want the computer to auto pick for me the rest of the way on...[/quote8458288]

Nope, no autopick. You need to do the draft yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:47 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

I had one player left in my preference list. "Once" was selected via the radio button. It did not auto-draft for me. I then tried to draft manually and got a SQL error. I then tried to remove the player from the preference list. Got another SQL error but the selection was made by one of the above operations.

I don't think this was user error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:12 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

[quote8cbe33b="Castlerock"]I had one player left in my preference list. "Once" was selected via the radio button. It did not auto-draft for me. I then tried to draft manually and got a SQL error. I then tried to remove the player from the preference list. Got another SQL error but the selection was made by one of the above operations.

I don't think this was user error.[/quote8cbe33b]

It sort of is user error and sort of isn't if i understand what happened here...

It was your turn to pick, so you put your guy in the list, and then hit once? If so, it does not really like this.. if it is currently on your pick, you should use the middle selection for 'select player' or whatever it is..

It probably should work both ways in an ideal world, but it does not really like it if you try to use the preference list when it is at your pick already...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:44 pm 
Tennessee Milita

I have gotten an error the last two times I have picked on two different computers. The pick went through though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:28 am 
Legendary Former Owner

I've been trying to edit my preference list, and keep getting the following error:

Bad query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

:cry:

Edit: It's working for me now.

Trample On!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:09 am 
Legendary Former Owner

[quoteb453a0f="wademoore"][quoteb453a0f="Castlerock"]I had one player left in my preference list. "Once" was selected via the radio button. It did not auto-draft for me. I then tried to draft manually and got a SQL error. I then tried to remove the player from the preference list. Got another SQL error but the selection was made by one of the above operations.

I don't think this was user error.[/quoteb453a0f]

It sort of is user error and sort of isn't if i understand what happened here...

It was your turn to pick, so you put your guy in the list, and then hit once? If so, it does not really like this.. if it is currently on your pick, you should use the middle selection for 'select player' or whatever it is..

It probably should work both ways in an ideal world, but it does not really like it if you try to use the preference list when it is at your pick already...[/quoteb453a0f]

No. I had a few players in the list. Over the course of the day, all but one was taken. Those players that were taken were removed from the list. When my turn to draft came up there was still one player on the list and it was set to "Use Once". The utility did not draft for me even though it was set to "Use Once" since early in the afternoon.

Since it did not auto-draft, I tried to draft him manually (while he was still in the preference list). I got a SQL error. So I tried to remove him from the preference list. Got another SQL error. At that point, I noticed that he had been selected for me but I don't know which of the 2 steps caused the pick to occur. It worked out in the end but only because I checked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:26 am 
Legendary Former Owner

Did all of this happen within a matter of minutes of you coming on the clock? Because it also can get quircky if you jump right into the tool when you come on the clock and your list is set..

So i guess i'm asking - how long had you been on the clock when all of this happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:47 am 

[quote9bc87f4="General Mike"]I've been trying to edit my preference list, and keep getting the following error:

Bad query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line [/quote9bc87f4]
Regarding the outage you guys had yesterday, does anyone know if that was for php or MySQL version upgrades? That could account for this sudden rash of errors.

Either way, if you see an error, please copy the verbage you see and either post it here or PM it to me.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:10 am 
Legendary Former Owner

[quote709695a="wademoore"]Did all of this happen within a matter of minutes of you coming on the clock? Because it also can get quircky if you jump right into the tool when you come on the clock and your list is set..

So i guess i'm asking - how long had you been on the clock when all of this happened?[/quote709695a]

I'm not sure when I went on the clock. I just went there randomly to check. As VPI said, it may have been related to the outage since it was right after. I didn't copy the error, VPI. Sorry.

VPI, This is a great tool. Thank you so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:18 am 
Detroit Vampires

I have chose to receive an email notification with each pick made but somehow I don't get one for every pick. It'll miss 2 or 3 picks per round.
Not a big deal really, but still a minor problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:47 am 
Cleveland Flats

I haven't seen one error with the utility yet. I have to admit that I'm starting to have a slight crush on the thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:52 am 
Detroit Vampires

[quote339ec85="TLK"]I haven't seen one error with the utility yet. I have to admit that I'm starting to have a slight crush on the thing...[/quote339ec85]

I'd had the opportunity to use it before (HFL and IHOF) and VPI's util is indeed a very great one.

Now if only you could sort the players in the autodraft list, it would be complete bliss... :)