It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Commissioner Utilty
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:04 am 
Legendary Former Owner

Would it be helpful to automate the download of exports to the commissioner's machine before a sim is run? Would it be helpful to automatically create a zip file and upload it to the CFL site?

I was thinking that I could write a windows utility which could go to the "export repository" and download all the files. Sort of a "one click to download" instead of a lot of browsing as I suspect is done now.

Along the same lines, the utility could take all the sim'ed files and ZIP them up and upload to the CFL page (and maybe update the HTML export as well).

Might make the commissioner's life a little easier but I don't really know the process. Let me know if you think this would be worthwhile.

Post subject: Re: Commissioner Uti
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:21 am 
Legendary Former Owner

[quotee2c6d0c="Castlerock"]Would it be helpful to automate the download of exports to the commissioner's machine before a sim is run? Would it be helpful to automatically create a zip file and upload it to the CFL site?

I was thinking that I could write a windows utility which could go to the "export repository" and download all the files. Sort of a "one click to download" instead of a lot of browsing as I suspect is done now.

Along the same lines, the utility could take all the sim'ed files and ZIP them up and upload to the CFL page (and maybe update the HTML export as well).

Might make the commissioner's life a little easier but I don't really know the process. Let me know if you think this would be worthwhile.[/quotee2c6d0c]

That would be awesome.

It would need to:

1. Delete all of the files in the import directory
2. Download all of the files from the cfl website into the import directory.

After the stage is run and the stage exported:

1. Zip all of the files in the export folder into the league folder.
2. Upload the zipped file to the cfl website.
3. Confirm whether the user wants to delete all of the exports on the website.

Here are some extras that I think would be nice:

1. After the league file is uploaded, the program would also zip all of the files in the export directory into another file with a unique name and move it to a folder called "archive". Then, after the archive file has been created, all the files in the export directory would be deleted.

2. I think the program should also notify the user how many files are downloaded, so the user can make sure there are no corrupted files when the stage is run. This could be tested by having the utility download all files (not just exports) into the import folder.

The program would say how many files were downloaded.

When the commish imports the stage files, FOF2K4 tells him how many stage files were imported. If the number is inconsistent with the number of files downloaded, then the commish will know there is a problem.