It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: CFL Constitution rou
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:56 pm 
Tulsa Talons

Ok this is the 2nd version of the CFL constitution...
Let me know what yall think- what changes need to be made, what needs to be taken out, what needs to be added- whatever yall think!

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:56 pm 
Tulsa Talons

CFL Constitution

The CFL is a multiplayer league for Front Office Football 2004. The CFL was the very first multiplayer FOF league to form with the announcement made on 10/21/03 and the first regular season game simulated on 1/15/04. Games in the CFL are simmed on _____ and ____ and mid weeks simmed on ____ and _____.

Leadership Team (One team to rule them all...)

The league is run by a 3-person team made up of the Commissioner and two Conference Presidents. This team is responsible for keeping the league fair and fun. This involves simulating the games, listening to suggestions from owners, and having the final decision on interpretation of league rules.

The Conference Presidents are elected by the owners of their conference prior to the season, and remain in office for two seasons. Nominations will be accepted during the playoffs and voting will be confidential and handled by the Commissioner.

Owner Participation

Owners must remain involved in the league by submitting exports regularly and participating in discussions on the discussion board. If an owner is unable to participate for an extended period of time then they must inform their Conference President and the league Commissioner. Owners in this situation are allowed to find an interim owner to fill in for them during their absence.

If an owner has not participated in the league for an extended period of time and did not inform anyone of their absence, the Leadership Team will attempt to contact that owner. If the Leadership Team is unable to contact that owner after a reasonable amount of time then the owner will be removed from the league.
Owner participation requires the owner either submit a file, or be heard from every 2 weeks (real life weeks). If an owner is thought to be inactive a email, and private message will be sent. If the owner is not heard from within another 5 days the league will begin looking for a new owner.

League Rules

Have fun and play fair. If you are unsure about whether an action is "fair", you should ask the Leadership Team before taking that action.

Violating the rules below will result in a penalty determined on a case-by-case basis by the Leadership Team. Penalties may include loss of draft picks, releasing certain players, and/or removal from the league.

1. Staff Hiring - The salary cap for signing coaches and scouts is 10% of the league's salary cap. If a team is over the cap at the start of the Staff Hiring Stage then it may remain over the cap as long as it does not make any staff moves.

2. Roster Size - A team may never have more than 70 players under contract at one time.

3. Position Changes - Position switches are allowed, but may not be made for the purpose of significantly lowering the player's ratings. All position switches out of the position group (meaning LG to RG, LCB to RCB do not have to be posted) must be posted in the Position Changes forum.

4. Contract Negotiations - When making a contract offer, owners may not double or exceed double a player's base salary from one year to the next, except from the first year of the contract to the second. "Cap Out" contracts are exempt from this rule. Also, all contract offers must be "sportsmanlike" as determined by the Leadership Team.

5. Trades - Trades must be confirmed by both teams in the Confirmed Trades forum. If a trade of questionable fairness occurs, any owner may challenge the trade and the Leadership Team will resolve the issue.

6. End of Season Roster Moves - A team cannot sign free agentsfrom the time of their last game of the playoffs until the free agent period of the following season, the game will not allow it. However, teams can release players and make position switches. Also, teams MAY not stockpile restricted players by placing ALL injured players on the IR. Obvious violations will be dealt with accordingly by the leadership team.

7. Play to Win - Teams must try to win every game and may not intentionally lose games in order to get a better draft pick. Teams are allowed to play younger inexperienced players to get them experience if they like. However, if it is obvious an owner is throwing games they may be penalized.

8. Have fun, and remember this is just a game.
Constitution Changes

Changes to this Constitution require a 2/3 vote from league owners.

Overturning Decisions

If an owner strongly disagrees with a decision made by the Leadership Team, that owner may challenge that decision. Such a challenge will lead to a league vote on the matter where a 50% majority of votes cast will determine the proper course of action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:35 pm 
Tucson Toros

Looks good to me. Thanks for doing this, Doug!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:53 am 
Detroit Vampires

Good job guys!

One comment though, with the latest patch 5.1a, it seems as if there is no need for the 10% 'coach cap' anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:28 am 
Shreveport Pride

Looks good to me.

Eastern Conference Champions
2009, 2031, 2055
CFL Champions
2031, 2055
Hall of Fame
Joshua Mask, Douglas Hartman, Carl Bradford, Leland Wellins, Wally Wooden (#80), Brantley Gilmore (#9)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:31 am 
Tucson Toros

[quotebc1953c="fantastic flying froggies"]Good job guys!

One comment though, with the latest patch 5.1a, it seems as if there is no need for the 10% 'coach cap' anymore...[/quotebc1953c]

I agree - we might want to drop that part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:00 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote6db338d="fantastic flying froggies"]Good job guys!

One comment though, with the latest patch 5.1a, it seems as if there is no need for the 10% 'coach cap' anymore...[/quote6db338d]

I have not gotten to play the single playe rwith the new patch so I'm not to sure how the fix works. If the concensous is it works good then that will be fine to drop that rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:34 am 
Tulsa Talons

Does anyone have any comment on the staff hiring and what we should do as that is coming up soon?

Also there have been discussions in other leagues that say you must offer a bonus if a contract is for so many years and worth so much money. I have seen if it is 3 years and 5 million, you must have a 20% bonus included. What is the league's thoughts on this? With free agency coming up this could be an important rule to get in place.

After I hear some thoughts on those two issues, and any others that yall might have I will finalize the constitution, and sticky it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:15 pm 
Tucson Toros

[quoteb58064a="Doug5984"]Does anyone have any comment on the staff hiring and what we should do as that is coming up soon?

Also there have been discussions in other leagues that say you must offer a bonus if a contract is for so many years and worth so much money. I have seen if it is 3 years and 5 million, you must have a 20% bonus included. What is the league's thoughts on this? With free agency coming up this could be an important rule to get in place.

After I hear some thoughts on those two issues, and any others that yall might have I will finalize the constitution, and sticky it.[/quoteb58064a]

I'd say that we drop the staff hiring rule for now and see how it goes. If it needs tweaking we can address that later.

With regard to the contract requirements suggestion, I'd recommend that we start this season without those rules in place. We should probably leave more time for debate on that point than we currently have available, as I for one would like to know a bit more about what problems those rules were intended to circumvent, and whether we could address those concerns with the "sportsmanlike contract" clause already in the constitution.

But, as always, if other folks disagree or think we need to get this done immediately, I'm fine with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:05 pm 

I personally don't want any house rules implemented.