It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: 2057 Week 13
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:10 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Open your multiplayer game, go to Controls - Participants - Import game files - to grab the new stage file.

Teams the AI Modified their Roster/Depth: SCU, STL, BRK

Wrong Stage File:

Bad Import File:

2056 schedule: Sim's run at 6am MST

3/18/2020
3/19/2020 Week 14
3/20/2020

3/23/2020
3/24/2020 Week 15
3/25/2020
3/26/2020 Week 16
3/27/2020

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Post subject: Re: 2057 Week 13
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:23 am 

Well that was a game we really needed and we got our arses handed to us.

Here's to hoping we finish strong...gg Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:39 am 

At DVY and while they have had struggles thsi year looked like they had plenty of taent to me.

A sack and penalty force a 3andO from us and they take the PR 73 yards for a TD. We storm down teh fiel pretty easily but 2 sacks in teh RZ mean we only get 3 points. DVY has their own impressive drive also derailed inside teh 20 so they go back up 7. Fulton si rollign with 5 runs for 50 yards or something to get us close and pounds it in on 3rd and goal from teh 1.

DVY uses the groudn and vet TE Stone to get to midfield but grinds toa halt there, pinnin gus at our 6. We get it out of our end but can't string em together so flip the field. Buckley heats up and WR SHelton breaks a short pass 50 yards for a TD near the 2 minute warning. We start out with 2 runs and hti a coupel intermediate passes but can't convert and DVY takes us into the half.

Our passing game has seriosu issues at under 4 ypa and taking 3 sacks but the running game has kept us in it. Need to find a way to get more stops on D and TOs loom large over the 2nd half as we enter down 7.

Buckley hits 2 more 3rd and logn completions with eh 2nd being a TD for DVY with a missed XP. We battel oru way to scoring range and possession man SHeldon takes hsi own short pass 25 ayrds for a TD. Buckley converts anothe r3rd and then they break a run 50 yards for another TD to push their lead back to 13 with less than 20 minutes left. We fight our way to a FG attempt but miss it to close ou thte 3rd.

We just can't win 3rd down though and Buckley beats oru double coverage of Shannon once again for a TD from 20something yards out and that may be ballgame with DVY at 9/11 on 3rd down.

SOmehwo we only targetted Crabtree 8 times which may be why our passing nnumbers are off but really on Woodards 30 dropbacks he had pressure or was sacked 8 times which is a bit poor but not too bad, and we jsu tdidn't connect on anythign downfield.

Our Pass D was atrocious and while there were big plays the YAC per catch numbers were reasonable so it seems like this was more a case fo Buckley just beign great than any huge knock against us.

DVY is still in the division junt at 4-8 and I woudl watch out CFL. Sorry for all the injuries.

17 Division Titles
3-1 Bowls (2056, 2061, 2064, 2065)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:43 am 

Detroit, MI - QB Devan Mitchem and the Detroit Vampires' blitz-happy defense led wire to wire in what would be a completely different game than many expected. The Vampires only barely won against two of the lower tier teams in the league in their last two games and pundits assumed the struggles would continue. On the other hand, maybe they were looking forward to this tilt against Tennessee...

Mitchem threw a TD pass to WR Von Wyss, but it was K Manns and the Detroit defense that put the rest of the points on the board while cruising to a 36-3 victory over the Tennessee Militia on Sunday.

"Tennessee made it really tough for me out there," Mitchem said after the game, "Rusty was double covered for the whole game and they made their tackles whenever I got the ball to anyone else. There are 52 other guys on the roster though, and the team really came together. I appreciated not having to pull a miracle out of my ass this time!"

OLB Hunter Fulton was cleared for physical contact earlier this week and though a snap count limited his action, he notched three tackles and a strip sack. "I thought he played well coming off that achilles. There's still a bit of rust, but he's been ready to go since he came to Detroit." HC Perkins said, "Really excited to see what he can do at 100%."

Tennessee QB Alex Porto struck out on Sunday, finishing 16 for 24, 0 TDs and 1 INT. He felt the pressure after 2 sacks and a handful of hurries and knockdowns and shortly after his third(!) fumble of the day, QB Jace Kwan finished out the game. Tennessee was coming into the contest top 3 in points per game, but were shut down by the Vampires. It was an standout performance from the Vampires defensive unit with FS Luis Anthony notching his first INT of the season, SS Clay Bech coming up with a pick-six, and just about everyone on the front seven grabbing a piece of the football.

Hopefully a sign of things to come, Detroit and Iowa City continue their fight for first place of the Great Lakes division, but first a relaxing trip to Honolulu.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 am 

On the play of my OLB, a pick six gives Tuscon its 3rd win of the season.

Backup QB down with a viral infection. I'm not going to even say it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 am 

GG Vitostallion, I have to give a shout out to both punters, punts were boomin' all day.

I'm glad your run game was kind of slowed down, your offense does not turn the ball over at all. I was happy to see our offense take advantage of the one turnover we did get. Its a big score when you get a td off a turnover. Holding you guys to 3 points after our int was something we we're ok with.

We wanted to focus on running behind our lg this week and we were successful in that. I'm glad to see it payed off, overall the line played well today. You guys are a tough team and LB Vanderlaan is no slouch.

This was a good win that could have big playoff implications down the line. Good luck the rest of the year

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am 
Tennessee Milita

Quote:
Detroit, MI - QB Devan Mitchem and the Detroit Vampires' blitz-happy defense led wire to wire in what would be a completely different game than many expected. The Vampires only barely won against two of the lower tier teams in the league in their last two games and pundits assumed the struggles would continue. On the other hand, maybe they were looking forward to this tilt against Tennessee...

Mitchem threw a TD pass to WR Von Wyss, but it was K Manns and the Detroit defense that put the rest of the points on the board while cruising to a 36-3 victory over the Tennessee Militia on Sunday.

"Tennessee made it really tough for me out there," Mitchem said after the game, "Rusty was double covered for the whole game and they made their tackles whenever I got the ball to anyone else. There are 52 other guys on the roster though, and the team really came together. I appreciated not having to pull a miracle out of my ass this time!"

OLB Hunter Fulton was cleared for physical contact earlier this week and though a snap count limited his action, he notched three tackles and a strip sack. "I thought he played well coming off that achilles. There's still a bit of rust, but he's been ready to go since he came to Detroit." HC Perkins said, "Really excited to see what he can do at 100%."

Tennessee QB Alex Porto struck out on Sunday, finishing 16 for 24, 0 TDs and 1 INT. He felt the pressure after 2 sacks and a handful of hurries and knockdowns and shortly after his third(!) fumble of the day, QB Jace Kwan finished out the game. Tennessee was coming into the contest top 3 in points per game, but were shut down by the Vampires. It was an standout performance from the Vampires defensive unit with FS Luis Anthony notching his first INT of the season, SS Clay Bech coming up with a pick-six, and just about everyone on the front seven grabbing a piece of the football.

Hopefully a sign of things to come, Detroit and Iowa City continue their fight for first place of the Great Lakes division, but first a relaxing trip to Honolulu.
Great Game Zendog!

Yep, that was about as thorough as it gets. I'm actually thrilled they yanked Porto out of there before he got hurt in a game that was over in the first quarter. The turnovers really killed us.

The experiment with starting my RG at RT and my RT at LT and using my back-up RG was an abject disaster..... Fortunately we will be getting back our back-up LT next week, and our 3rd string LT (converted G) will not be tired anymore.... So if there is anything to look forward to out of this game, it was that we didn't get anyone else injured and we should be getting some troops back soon.

I was a bit disappointed in my defense, but they were often put in tough spots by the offense.....

At least Shreveport and San Antonio lost too...... :twisted:

Eastern Conference Champions
2048, 2049
CFL Champions
2048, 2049
Home of Bart Godfrey - All-Time Rushing King
Proud captains of the Shreveport Kittens haters club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:20 am 
Las Vegas Rounders

We got lucky today with our playmakers on defense pulling this one out for us. Leaving my Cleveland game plan in from last week was about as opposite as I would want to try against a squad like BOI.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:27 am 

GG Aamalin! I didn't notice you had shifted around your OLine, but now looking at the fallout of the game... Hunter Fulton's bars went to hell :( Looks like I gambled and lost in free agency...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm 
Tennessee Milita

Quote:
GG Aamalin! I didn't notice you had shifted around your OLine, but now looking at the fallout of the game... Hunter Fulton's bars went to hell :( Looks like I gambled and lost in free agency...

You would have thumped us anyway. I was just trying to get cute.... And it didn't work....

Eastern Conference Champions
2048, 2049
CFL Champions
2048, 2049
Home of Bart Godfrey - All-Time Rushing King
Proud captains of the Shreveport Kittens haters club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm 

Quote:
GG Vitostallion, I have to give a shout out to both punters, punts were boomin' all day.

I'm glad your run game was kind of slowed down, your offense does not turn the ball over at all. I was happy to see our offense take advantage of the one turnover we did get. Its a big score when you get a td off a turnover. Holding you guys to 3 points after our int was something we we're ok with.

We wanted to focus on running behind our lg this week and we were successful in that. I'm glad to see it payed off, overall the line played well today. You guys are a tough team and LB Vanderlaan is no slouch.

This was a good win that could have big playoff implications down the line. Good luck the rest of the year

You too Mac88