It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 2058 Wildcard Round
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:26 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Open your multiplayer game, go to Controls - Participants - Import game files - to grab the new stage file.

Teams the AI Modified their Roster/Depth:

Wrong Stage File:

Bad Import File:

2058 schedule: Sim's run at 6am MST

7/27/2020 - Midweek
7/28/2020 - Divisional round
7/29/2020 - Midweek
7/30/2020 - Conference Championships
7/31/2020 -

8/3/2020 - Midweek
8/4/2020 - CFL Bowl
8/5/2020 - Beginning of 2059
8/6/2020 -
8/7/2020 -

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2058 Wildcard Round
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:40 am 

GG Ternvig

Another Disappointing End to Another Disappointing Season.

Good Luck the rest of the way !!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:53 am 
Durham Bulldogs

Raven Hawk wrote:
BGBob wrote:
GG Raven Hawk

Not surprised at the outcome. My team is a little too hot and cold.

Good Luck in the playoffs !!

GG, BGBob

We're getting healthy at the right time.

Meet you in the Conference Final? ;)

Good luck!

Nope.

We were up 12-10, but the Shreveport offense was driving with less than two minutes left. On 3rd and 6 from our 34, they complete a 3 yard pass to get to the 31. Wait... there is a holding penalty. This will move the ball back 10 yards. WHAT!?! The coach declines the penalty???? Shreveport kicks the FG and goes up 13-12. We manage to get down to the opposing 43 yard line. 7 seconds left....Hail Mary... CAUGHT! Durham wins! Durham wins! Gg, Raven Hawk.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:04 am 
Shreveport Pride

Steel wrote:
Raven Hawk wrote:
BGBob wrote:
GG Raven Hawk

Not surprised at the outcome. My team is a little too hot and cold.

Good Luck in the playoffs !!

GG, BGBob

We're getting healthy at the right time.

Meet you in the Conference Final? ;)

Good luck!

Nope.

We were up 12-10, but the Shreveport offense was driving with less than two minutes left. On 3rd and 6 from our 34, they complete a 3 yard pass to get to the 31. Wait... there is a holding penalty. This will move the ball back 10 yards. WHAT!?! The coach declines the penalty???? Shreveport kicks the FG and goes up 13-12. We manage to get down to the opposing 43 yard line. 7 seconds left....Hail Mary... CAUGHT! Durham wins! Durham wins! Gg, Raven Hawk.

GG, Steel.

Travis Ortiz looks like the real deal. Converted a 4th and 10 and a Hail Mary to win the game.

I screwed myself when I was messing with the lineup. Somehow I managed to take my #1 RB out of my primary formation.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Eastern Conference Champions
2009, 2031, 2055
CFL Champions
2031, 2055
Hall of Fame
Joshua Mask, Douglas Hartman, Carl Bradford, Leland Wellins, Wally Wooden (#80)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:03 am 

BGBob wrote:
GG Ternvig

Another Disappointing End to Another Disappointing Season.

Good Luck the rest of the way !!

GG BGBob.

I did not expect to win this one.

A long fullback TD and some crazy QB scramble was some of the trickery that got me to the semi's.

Next up Brawlers! Kansas run a pass rush heavy D. With both starting DE's downed against The Voodoos - Taylor out 8 weeks and Simkowitz reinjuring his knee - Brawlers might be the end station for Kansas, unless Gruenenich somehow manages to produce against the hands down best defense in the league.

Ohh and also - there should be a CFL rule hindering the use of Covid-58 players. Some of my CBs has talk about insisting on not to fulfill any bump'n'run duties.

Covid-58=quarantine... Come on man...

Joined in 2057

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:14 am 

3rd time might be the charm as we host ELP with both previous matches being defensive battles. In the 1st matchup we spread it around but did poorly in situational football and despite a +2 TO margin lost on a safety after back to back penalties. In teh 2nd matchup, back to back INTs in the 2nd left us without enough chances to recover from an early deficit as they killed su with YAC especially from the TEs. In both our intermediate passing was shite and we had no solution for their TE screens. We decided to ignore the stats and went run and deep heavy this time on O and did not change much on D but did try to put bette rtacklers in front oof the TEs and even considering swappign around LB positions or putting Alexander at his natural SLB spot but in the end changed very little. We also noticed that they had started to incorporate WR Wilt into their O a bit over the last bit of the season so we were hesitant to double as he could mess that up pretty good.

THeir TE screens and runnign were effective enough to open things to get them a FG and we went 3andO with another poor punt coverage. We forced our own 3andO with great tackling but a hold followed by a sack led to a 3rd adn 21 which meant even our 19 yard completion wasn't enough. We go tour own sack though to end ELP's possession quickly and we converted a 3rd and forever with another deep completion. A big run was called back on a hold but we booma punt to their 4. We stuff them on 3rd and 1 and will start teh 2nd with nice field position.

But it is another 3andO for us, ELP gets a coupel nice YAC gains to get into the orange zone and grind out enough to hit a long FG and go up 6. Woodard throws his weekly pick but we strand them at our 40 so no damage done. ELP penalties help us get out of our end and we run, dink adn scramble our way to their 40 only to be stifled ourselves. ELP sticks to the short stuff in the 2 minute drill and our PR man coughs it up but we are lucky to recover.

Woof, shutout in the 1st half, pretty sure Crabtree doesn't have a catch yet. the teams are a combined 3/15 on 3rd as really nothing seems to be workign for anyone.

Fence gets a nice YAC pcikup for us and we hit the TE down the seam to get to their RZ but our 3rd down scramble comes up shor tand we settle for 3. Excellent tackling shuts down ELP Crabtree gets hsi 1st grab on a 3rd and 11 to convert and our run game and one nice TE grab is punctuted by a perfect draw scoring from 25 yards out putting us up 4. More superb tackling from our D but we fumble the punt AGAIN and this time lose it. A defensive hodlign call gives them a 2nd chance at it and htey use their TEs to go back up 3.

We get some help via penalty and a few smalls gains but miss the logn FG attempt. But rookie ball skill CB ZImmerman steps in front of a Wyatt pass and runs it back to their 18 and we pound it in to go up jsut 3 after a missed XP, ST being a disaster for us all season long. ELP is dinking and runnign well but we force a fumble and recover to end the threat. We get stuffed on 3rd and short and ELP goes back to dinking and running but a sack leads to a failed completion on 3rd and long and they opt t oboot it into the endzone facing a 4th and 4 from our 48 with 3 minutes left. We ge tthe clock down to 2 minutes and ELP is without TOs booming a 67 yard punt so ELP will have to start at their 2 but need just a FG. A couple Wilt drops makes things difficult for them but the burner Starks gets them to mdifield on a 4th adn 10 screen with 36 ticks left but they run out of time jsut after getting into our terriotry.

What a battle Landshark! Really all 3 matches were very tight and I am very much looking forward to playing with you in the division- great to have you on board and I think we can collectively make a claim as best division in the CFL and the sky is the limit for you as Wyatt gets some more stubble under his chin.

Never would have imagined I would win a game where Crabtree went 2/6 for 17 yards and we completed 10 of our 24 dropbacks but that is how we roll in the NC East.

Up next Las Vegas, we took a quick look and saw that their O wasn't too scary but lordie I have no idea what we are going to do against that pass rush as that is our Achille's heel as is, very glad we have until Tuesday to try to figure something out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:13 am 
Huntington Beach Wolfpack

GG Los Angeles.

We even gameplanned to try and stop the run, brought an extra safety down pretty often and you still averaged almost 5 yards per carry.

Congratulations on the win and best of luck in the next round in Alaska!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 am 
Tennessee Milita

Oh man..... Shreveport. That had to hurt.

Sorry to see both Deep South teams rudely bounced from the playoffs.

Guess I'll have to start routing for Alaska to see if one of their back-up QB's can win the whole thing and cast a small shadow on Jimmie Football's career.

Eastern Conference Champions
2048, 2049
CFL Champions
2048, 2049
Home of Bart Godfrey - All-Time Rushing King
Proud captains of the Shreveport Kittens haters club

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:03 pm 

Steel wrote:
We manage to get down to the opposing 43 yard line. 7 seconds left....Hail Mary... CAUGHT! Durham wins! Durham wins! Gg, Raven Hawk.

A horrific beat for anyone on SHR+1 :smt006

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:55 pm 
Brooklyn Brawlers

Ternvig wrote:
Next up Brawlers! Kansas run a pass rush heavy D. With both starting DE's downed against The Voodoos - Taylor out 8 weeks and Simkowitz reinjuring his knee - Brawlers might be the end station for Kansas, unless Gruenenich somehow manages to produce against the hands down best defense in the league.

Ohh and also - there should be a CFL rule hindering the use of Covid-58 players. Some of my CBs has talk about insisting on not to fulfill any bump'n'run duties.

Rematch of Week 4...a 9-3 victory for KC!

Covid-58 was unexpected, but KC is missing some big cogs on the D due to injuries. Thanks to Iowa City, KC has to come to Brooklyn, 22 degrees with a 7 mph wind.

Good luck Ternvig,
Dean

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:09 pm 

Yeah that punt on 4th and 3 ticked me off... especially since I was just messing with those settings recently and was confident we’d go for it...

We had plenty of chances, tho.. a shame to waste such a great defensive effort..D was strong.. just couldn’t move the ball that well

Good Game, Ush... go represent, and get the division another trophy..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:09 am 

Dean Gullberry wrote:
Ternvig wrote:

Rematch of Week 4...a 9-3 victory for KC!

Covid-58 was unexpected, but KC is missing some big cogs on the D due to injuries. Thanks to Iowa City, KC has to come to Brooklyn, 22 degrees with a 7 mph wind.

Good luck Ternvig,
Dean

Thanks Dean and the same to you.

I almost forgot about our week 4 beauty of game - if you are into solid defenses that is.

Let's see if we can get a punter mentioned on player of the week - or kicker. :)

Good luck. :smt002

Joined in 2057

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 am 

Stretch wrote:
GG Los Angeles.

We even gameplanned to try and stop the run, brought an extra safety down pretty often and you still averaged almost 5 yards per carry.

Congratulations on the win and best of luck in the next round in Alaska!

Thanks. When I saw all those 1-deep looks, I thought for sure that we were going to be on the couch this round.

Good Game

Alaska torched us earlier this year with that passing game but I see that they are kinda playing our brand of ball since their stud QB is on the bench.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:09 am 

Aamalin wrote:
Guess I'll have to start routing for Alaska to see if one of their back-up QB's can win the whole thing and cast a small shadow on Jimmie Football's career.

The Ring of Fire asks that you don't :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:44 am 
Las Vegas Rounders

Vitostallion wrote:
Aamalin wrote:

The Ring of Fire asks that you don't :)

I am just hoping for a chance to 'rout' Alaska.

Offline Profile