It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 2058 Divisional round
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:13 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Open your multiplayer game, go to Controls - Participants - Import game files - to grab the new stage file.

Teams the AI Modified their Roster/Depth:

Wrong Stage File:

Bad Import File:

2058 schedule: Sim's run at 6am MST

7/29/2020 - Midweek
7/30/2020 - Conference Championships
7/31/2020 -

8/3/2020 - Midweek
8/4/2020 - CFL Bowl
8/5/2020 - Beginning of 2059
8/6/2020 -
8/7/2020 -

8/24/2019
8/25/2019 Live Coaches Draft @ 6 pm MST
8/26/2019
8/27/2019
8/28/2019

8/31/2019 Franchise/Ticket
9/1/2019 FA 1:1
9/2/2019 FA 1:2
9/3/2019 FA 1:3 (Unofficially starts, you can make picks with no timer)
9/4/2019 FA 1.4 Draft Officially Starts, the timer starts @ 10 am

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2058 Divisional round
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:51 am 
Durham Bulldogs

We come up short against Omaha again. Changed some stuff up defensively, and I'm not sure if that was the right move or not. The kick return for a TD to open up the 2nd half is what really killed us, because that put us down 20 points, and we were fighting to get back into the game from there on. Good luck going forward Smitty. Your offense is pretty tough to stop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 am 

At LVS, well this is what we imagined would happen with our blockbuster trade a few years back. We could easily lose this game by 20 however I believe there is a path to a Fargo victory. LVS somehow generated a run D this season so that may be a part but we will be airing it out and it don't matter if they sack us 6 times if we can get 8 deep completions. LVS has not great O metrics but I noticed they run a lot of max protect or 7 man protections. Have no idea what the antidote is for that so we are just gonna do what we do and hoe we don't struggle against Gremek in the passing game.

Well things are working well fro us early as we get a big run, a holding call and then hit Crabtree deep and he runs away from the defense for a quick TD. LVS dinks their way to our 35 but we stone them there and miss the long FG. A 1st down run goes for -6 for us and then we coem up short on the 3rd down scramble so waste great field position, LVS is doing their borign effcient thing with runs and short passes and convert 3 straight manageable 3rd downs before getting some nice YAC from Kindley to get into the RZ and we have them at 3rd and goal form teh 8 but they get the tying TD.

Woodard is playing el matador with LVS' rush and Holzer is doing damage as well but their run D tightens up inside the 20 so we settle for 3. A huge KR for LVS (aaaargh!) puts them at midfield but we hold up at our 40 with great tackling to negate their scoring threat. More 10 yard running from Holzer and Chester gets his 1st hurry but we are battling and Fence gets a conversion adn then a huge 44 yard gain as the secondary was focused on Crabtree to set up a 1st and goal form the 10 and Woodard scrambles across the goalline on 3rd to have us up 10. McKnight heats up getting 7 or so consecutive completions including 2 soid gains to McSwain to bring them back to within 3 quickly with 2 minutes left in the half. We take 2 sacks on our 2 mintue drill (yikes!) and they hit the Hail Mary before the half to go up 4.

Well that was a demoralizing end to the half both in our inability to drop back and execute a play and of course with the Hail Mary. That said, we are crushing them on the ground and are 5/7 in the air getting more than 9 yards per play overall. But our D will need to make a play and yielding those 14 points in teh final 5 minutes is not a great sign. McKnight looks pretty unshakable so far at 19/25 for 205...no TOs yet but I woudl put the O/U at 2.5 TOs for this 2nd half.

Man LVS is frsutrating, death by a thousand cuts always just 1 yard or 2 past what they need. We do get Narcisse to cough it up but they recover the fumble. We do get the defensive stop but of coruse tehy boom a 60 net yard punt. We get oru own rhythm going but can't hi tShledon on teh slot fade and ahve another scramble come up short on 3rd but at least manage to flip the field. narcisse jumpstarts LVS advance bustin gone up the gut and Grerek gets them into scoring range with a nice screen gain but we tighten up from tehre and they jsut get 3 for a 7 poitn lead nearing the end of the 3rd.

We promptly go 3andO as this dink shite isn't really our cup of tea, and LVS is looking ot put us away as they don't even need a 3rd down to get to a 1st and goal from our 6 and they go up 14 on a 3rd down run. Woodard continues to get away from teh greasy fingers of Chesterand we shoudl be in tehir RZ but a personal foul on our FB means we are still at their 48 and we go into the hurry up on the next play at tehir 33 with 7:45 left. Crabtree has only seen 3 targets so far but he will be featured heavily from here on out.

Ish, well that gambit won' get to play out as Woodard prompty throws a pick targetting Fence. We get it back with 3 minutes left but to be honest if we do well here it is jsut gonna make me feel worse.

GG TT. You have really fleshed out a nice squad there and have developed an efficiency machine on O. I was very skeptical of the Gmerek move but I can see how it makes sense now.

CHester had 8 knockdowns but Woodard was a warrior in this one even with the one pick. Probably coudl have gone to Crabtree more but I correcttly figured you would be doubling a good bit. A couple timely penalties and the end fo half stuffprevented us from making it a clsoer game but I am proud of how we played this one. We need another difference maker on D to compete with you though really as we really struggled to get you off the field. And a better kickoff guy that was an issue all season and it really shows against these types of offenses where each 10 yards is a battle in and of itself.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:44 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Steel wrote:
We come up short against Omaha again. Changed some stuff up defensively, and I'm not sure if that was the right move or not. The kick return for a TD to open up the 2nd half is what really killed us, because that put us down 20 points, and we were fighting to get back into the game from there on. Good luck going forward Smitty. Your offense is pretty tough to stop.

Great Game Steel, Ortiz is going to be a thorn in my side for awhile. That KR TD was a back breaker but when you guys converted that INT into a TD and made it 27-20, I thought it was anyones game at that point. Dole made an amazing TD catch into DP to kinda of seal it.

Good game Steel and you have a great young team.

Next up, The Brawlers and their smoothing defense. Good Luck Dean, it's the classic which is better #1 Offense or #1 Defense, we will find out Thursday.

Rage in the Cage, Brooklyn Vs Omaha to see who goes to the big game. It's going to be a bloodbath, get your popcorn ready.

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:17 am 
Las Vegas Rounders

Ushikawa wrote:
At LVS, well this is what we imagined would happen with our blockbuster trade a few years back. We could easily lose this game by 20 however I believe there is a path to a Fargo victory. LVS somehow generated a run D this season so that may be a part but we will be airing it out and it don't matter if they sack us 6 times if we can get 8 deep completions. LVS has not great O metrics but I noticed they run a lot of max protect or 7 man protections. Have no idea what the antidote is for that so we are just gonna do what we do and hoe we don't struggle against Gremek in the passing game.

GG TT. You have really fleshed out a nice squad there and have developed an efficiency machine on O. I was very skeptical of the Gmerek move but I can see how it makes sense now.

gg Ush

Stopping the run was a big focus this past off season, especially with the Rock in Tucson and Vito's consistently inconsistent committment to the run game, not to mention the potential post-season concerns with team's like Fargo, we just couldn't continue down the rund-D path we were on. Statisitcally, we were much better but we still gave up a loit of big plays in the run game this year and that is nxt on the list by addressing size in themiddle and speed everywhere else hopefully.

Our move for Gmerek was mainly due to my desire to have a play making RB so I could get away from the airfest we had been utilizing to try and get an early lead to setup our one dimensional defense's pass rush. We went extra stingy in this game as your defense is vastly improved from last year with not much to target other than high percentage passes and enough rushes to keep you honest. I was hoping for a few more rushng attempts than I got, but we didn't suffer as bad as I thought we might in the run game. The o-line is not quite where I need it and that was my biggest concern going into this one.

McKnight quietly had a stellar year for us in production, second only to OMA's Harrison in TD's while being near the bottom of the INT list among 16-game starters (33/10 TD/INT). He also did this with only one 300-yard game, which was due mainly to the 2100+ rushing yards Gmerek and Narcisse combined for this year. Gmerek is emerging and with 100 less carries than the 2 guys in front of him, only 300 yards seperate him from the rushing leaders (Lovallo & Arnold). Given a full season of starts, I can see Gmerek battling for the rushing title very soon.

The only metrics we care about are W's. With fundamental shifts on offense and defense, we've been able to sustain that key metric so we are happy with that. While our defense did not rank as high as we did last year, the biggest issue has been the lack of TO production. As you know from recent history, that can have a huge impact on your D's metrics.

Now we get to prepare for another visit from Vito, in what should be an exciting rubber match.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:20 am 

zenzog wrote:
Two players to watch: rookie WR McSwain has gotten more and more targets each week since midseason and has been making significant contributions. FAR will need to pay attention to the 3+ receiver sets and ensure he doesn't slip through.

Fargo LVS playing out as i predicted... :smt004
Really nice game to watch!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am 
Las Vegas Rounders

zenzog wrote:
zenzog wrote:
Two players to watch: rookie WR McSwain has gotten more and more targets each week since midseason and has been making significant contributions. FAR will need to pay attention to the 3+ receiver sets and ensure he doesn't slip through.

Fargo LVS playing out as i predicted... :smt004
Really nice game to watch!

Glad you noticed. We've been trying to bring him along as quickly as possible because we are at a transition point with our WR's. Johnston is over is head and Conley is over the hill. I'm hoping McSwain can carry this momentum forward.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:21 pm 

We noticed him GPing, his stats stood out for sure.

Wish we had a 34 front for just this game, I knew our pass rush wasn't going to get through and putting 8 back would of maybe helped us out.

We just couldn't get consecutive incompletions, the secondary did alright with a little over 10% passes defensed (about average) and our tackling was just fine allowing just over 2 YAC/Catch but with no pass rush to speak of it was very tough. Zero drops and zero Bad throws certainly helped that machine run.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:13 pm 
Brooklyn Brawlers

GG Ternvig,

At half it was 12-6 and then the turnovers happened. Brooklyn picked up a fumble and LB Meier rumbled 36 yards for a TD on the second play of the second half to make it 19-6. An interception and a fumble on the special teams ...at that point the backup QB came in and Brooklyn notched a victory. KC had a great year and the score does indicate how the game could have gone.

Now Brooklyn has to travel to Omaha, which has not lost at home in front of their sell-out crowd this year. 45 degrees and calm in the Arrowhead Dome.

Good luck Smitty,
Dean

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:19 am 

Dean Gullberry wrote:
GG Ternvig,

At half it was 12-6 and then the turnovers happened. Brooklyn picked up a fumble and LB Meier rumbled 36 yards for a TD on the second play of the second half to make it 19-6. An interception and a fumble on the special teams ...at that point the backup QB came in and Brooklyn notched a victory. KC had a great year and the score does indicate how the game could have gone.

Now Brooklyn has to travel to Omaha, which has not lost at home in front of their sell-out crowd this year. 45 degrees and calm in the Arrowhead Dome.

Good luck Smitty,
Dean

Joined in 2057

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 am 

Dean Gullberry wrote:
GG Ternvig,

Good luck Smitty,
Dean

Gg Dean.

I have no problem losing to a team that is that(!) good on D.

I’m pleased to see how a good D can get you far in FOF. FOF usually favour good O over a good D.

Hope you go all the way Dean. The Omaha game will be awesome to watch.

Joined in 2057

Offline Profile