It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Week 4 Done
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:30 pm 
Tennessee Milita

http://www.thecfl.net/cfl.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:47 am 

could somebody post the transaction log?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:15 am 
Legendary Former Owner

Not sure where to cut off the list, but here's the latest transactions:
[code41b0767]Cress, Chris LBE DT signed as a free agent $750,000, 1yr.
Perriman, A.J. LBE ILB signed as a free agent $300,000, 1yr.
Honeycutt, Kim CHI G turned down a contract offer $27.99 mil., 5 yrs.
Carnahan, Grover CHI G turned down a contract offer $2.59 mil., 3 yrs.
Emery, Paul CHI T turned down a contract offer $13.18 mil., 3 yrs.
Friel, Ira CHI ILB turned down a contract offer $2.28 mil., 3 yrs.
Lalonde, Michael CHI OLB turned down a contract offer $8.23 mil., 4 yrs.
Hoagland, Dexter CHI S turned down a contract offer $7.97 mil., 4 yrs.
**Caldwell, Kirk BAL ILB released
Marsh, Henry LBE WR released
Arnett, Harry LBE QB released
Sam, Andrew CHT OLB released
Kinney, Daniel SAC FB released
Webb, Cris ARI TE released
Oroumieh, Chad HAR T placed on injured reserve
Robinson, Jason NED RB changed primary position to RB
Peters, Nathan CLE TE released
Nazario, Ron DEN DT placed on injured reserve
Buckner, Stan DET OLB released
Marsh, Henry ARI WR signed as a free agent $650,000, 1yr.
Arnett, Harry ARI QB signed as a free agent $760,000, 1yr.
Lane, Dennis CLE S signed as a free agent $240,000, 1yr.
Sisco, Jack DEN DT signed as a free agent $390,000, 1yr.
Burse, Darron DET FB signed as a free agent $400,000, 1yr.
Marsh, Henry TUC WR turned down a contract offer $640,000, 1yr.
Marsh, Henry DET WR turned down a contract offer $640,000, 1yr.
Tetreault, Michael ARI WR released[/code41b0767]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:23 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

Did you not get my export? My changes didn't seem to take. :x :cry:

Trample On!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:48 pm 

[quotececa9e6="3ric"]Not sure where to cut off the list, but here's the latest transactions:
[codececa9e6]Kinney, Daniel SAC FB released[/codececa9e6][/quotececa9e6]

And here we go again... :x :x :x

I forgot to send in an export on Sunday, and I get this 47/47 FB dropped from my roster... FOF multiplayer still has way too many issues for me to enjoy it right now. About everytime we run something, it's crap and I hate having to double check my roster, never sure if a signup request happened or if one of my player has not been released because the AI decided he didn't fit in.

I hate doing this, but I'm gonna quit on you guys. Even though the bugs aren't the only things keeping me from enjoying this league, lack of free time is another big one, they simply make it more like work than fun...

I'll keep checking the league out, have fun...

Signing out,
FrogMan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:57 pm 

[quote965b1e7="FrogMan"][quote965b1e7="3ric"]Not sure where to cut off the list, but here's the latest transactions:
[code965b1e7]Kinney, Daniel SAC FB released[/code965b1e7][/quote965b1e7]

And here we go again... :x :x :x

I forgot to send in an export on Sunday, and I get this 47/47 FB dropped from my roster... FOF multiplayer still has way too many issues for me to enjoy it right now. About everytime we run something, it's crap and I hate having to double check my roster, never sure if a signup request happened or if one of my player has not been released because the AI decided he didn't fit in.

I hate doing this, but I'm gonna quit on you guys. Even though the bugs aren't the only things keeping me from enjoying this league, lack of free time is another big one, they simply make it more like work than fun...

I'll keep checking the league out, have fun...

Signing out,
FrogMan[/quote965b1e7]

That's too bad man, but I understand completely. I've actually been taking a break myself lately. I've been frustrated with a few different things, but haven't hung up the cleats yet. Just letting the computer run the preseason for me. Will do an export for tomorrow though, hopefully it gets there.

Take care,
Jeff

GM of the 2004 CFL Champion Charleston Sixpacks - #1 Hater of Hawaii

ImperialFL Co-commish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:09 am 
Detroit Vampires

[quotefd8d8ff="FrogMan"]I hate doing this, but I'm gonna quit on you guys. Even though the bugs aren't the only things keeping me from enjoying this league, lack of free time is another big one, they simply make it more like work than fun...[/quotefd8d8ff]

That sucks... :(

Is there anything we can do to change your mind ?

Great Lakes division champions -2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025
Eastern Conference champions - 2005, 2006, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
CFL Champions - 2021, 2023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:17 am 

I never have any of the problems that you guys have.

I download the file twice a week when I have 15 mins to spear - I set my lineup, make moves etc, and send it away.

unless you guys are using the wrong email - i never had a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:48 am 

[quote46622a7="Ramzavail"]....i never had a problem.[/quote46622a7]

Well, then it must be in our heads. :roll:

ImperialFL Co-commish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:07 am 

I play in 3 leagues and do exports all the time, and only once did a player get released from my roster by the AI, and even then I knew it would happen.

The situation was...I had 3 TE's, and two were hurt. Out. So I went into FA and made an offer to a guy. He signed with my team, but with the week being run the AI had to fill my missing TE requirement so it signed one so my team would play the week. It dropped a DE from my roster because I had 3 extra at that position. It dropped the worse of the 3.

My new roster after the week had the TE I wanted, the TE the AI signed, and the DE gone to FA.

I think the way the game engine works is pretty basic. You have a requirement at each position. If you do not meet that when sim time comes, the AI will adjust to fit the model needed.
The bottom line I think is to make sure with each export you are OK injury wise, and make sure all your Global Options are set to "No" for the AI making moves for you. Then it will only act when it has too.

Is everyone in the league at the current patch level?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:51 am 

[quotea3658b5="Ramzavail"]I never have any of the problems that you guys have.

I download the file twice a week when I have 15 mins to spear - I set my lineup, make moves etc, and send it away.

unless you guys are using the wrong email - i never had a problem.[/quotea3658b5]

I don't know what you are trying to say or imply here. I know I am not using the wrong email, heck I admitted to forgetting to send an export!!! You certainly have read about players being released without the team owner asking for it, right? You also have probably read about the depth charts being changed by the AI without an owner's consent, right? You never had those problems? Lucky for you, I hope you don't experience them in the future...

15 minutes is enough for you, fine. I also can usually, keyword here is usually, find 15 minutes here and there, but to me, 15 minutes is not enough to enjoy being part of this league. And most of the times, when I find 15 minutes isn't always when I feel like immersing myself in the league, thus leading to my non-enjoyment of the league anymore...

FM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:53 am 

[quotefc87a62="fantastic flying froggies"][quotefc87a62="FrogMan"]I hate doing this, but I'm gonna quit on you guys. Even though the bugs aren't the only things keeping me from enjoying this league, lack of free time is another big one, they simply make it more like work than fun...[/quotefc87a62]

That sucks... :(

Is there anything we can do to change your mind ?[/quotefc87a62]

FFF, I appreciate the thought, but I don't think so, no. Kinda weird to say, but right now I enjoy playing, and following my Hattrick team much more than I'm enjoying FOF multiplayer...

FM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:49 am 

[quoteab521da="FrogMan"][quoteab521da="Ramzavail"]I never have any of the problems that you guys have.

unless you guys are using the wrong email - i never had a problem.[/quoteab521da]

I don't know what you are trying to say or imply here. I know I am not using the wrong email, heck I admitted to forgetting to send an export!!! You certainly have read about players being released without the team owner asking for it, right? You also have probably read about the depth charts being changed by the AI without an owner's consent, right? You never had those problems? Lucky for you, I hope you don't experience them in the future...

15 minutes is enough for you, fine. I also can usually, keyword here is usually, find 15 minutes here and there, but to me, 15 minutes is not enough to enjoy being part of this league. And most of the times, when I find 15 minutes isn't always when I feel like immersing myself in the league, thus leading to my non-enjoyment of the league anymore...

FM[/quoteab521da]

You do know what I'm saying, I said it, I said I never had your problems.

The only time I notice the depth chart get jumbled up is when you sign a guy before the game - then they "recommend" the whole depth chart. I get over that, especially when I get a guy I need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:50 am 

[quote995cd63="FrogMan"][quote995cd63="Ramzavail"]I never have any of the problems that you guys have.

unless you guys are using the wrong email - i never had a problem.[/quote995cd63]

FM[/quote995cd63]

Yeah. I generally spend anywhere from 20 minutes to maybe a couple of hours per export depending on what I'm doing. I have AutoComplete on so all I have to do is type "th" and then the rest pops up (thacharger21@hotmail.com). I also subject all of my exports with "CFL:*" in the title. I use a premium Juno account and if an e-mail doesn't get to it's destination, I receive an e-mail back telling me so.

So why I'm 0 for 2 in sending my last two exports I don't know? But I do know I don't like spending the time and getting nothing in return.

ImperialFL Co-commish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:54 pm 
Death Valley Copperheads

Yeah, I live in Southern California have never had problem with snow so you people who have trouble driving in snow and shoveling snow out of your driveway must be stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:17 pm 

[quote505e523="daedalus"]Yeah, I live in Southern California have never had problem with snow so you people who have trouble driving in snow and shoveling snow out of your driveway must be stupid.[/quote505e523]

Zing!

ImperialFL Co-commish